Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Old country fair themed party

It have had a busy week so far but I still tried to do some stamping. Somebody  planning an Old country fair themed birthday party for her daughter asked me to make the party invites. I had a hard time deciding what to make to match the party theme.
The party is for a year old girl. I wanted a card with a rustic/vintage look yet with some childish element to it. How was I going to put all this effect in a 3.5'' by 5'' card? So I put on my crafting cap (or maybe I should say my thinking cap).
I came up with 4 samples for the lady to pick from.
I will show you 2 of the cards today and i will probably show you the  third one  and one she picked when the party is over.
My first card I have titled BANNERS

I sponged  whisper white  card stock with red and brown to give it that rustic look, I also stamped 4 sided  sampler on white card stock then cut 6 triangles from each hexagon

This what the card looks like inside.
The second card, I titled My Fair lady.
I  used the all dressed up framelite to cut the image. I sponged it with brown and red.
I also embossed the pink card with the polkadot embossing folder






I really like how the 2 cards turned out. But she didn't pick any of these 2.In my next couple of postings , i will post the card she chose


Thanks for stopping by

Stamping with grace














No comments:

Post a Comment